Your dress does all the talking. For many, wearing a dress can be empowering as it signifies beauty, class, and elegance. Just like any outfit, there is an occasion for every dress. From weddings to more casual ones, we’ve compiled a list of different types of dresses for women.Continue reading
Trying to find the fine line between prioritising life goals and keeping up to date with new trends and styles seems like a constant battle. To top it all, looking your best becomes a burden as there’s less time to plan your daily schedule.
Here are a few tips on how to look presentable at all times.
- FIND A STYLE THAT COMPLIMENTS YOUR BODY: This might seem irrelevant but believe you me when I say that knowing your body type and marking your style can be the first and best step to looking fabulously chic and classy. By doing so you know what you want to invest in. Hence you don’t have to spend a fortune on clothes that end up sitting in your wardrobe gathering dust just because you initially thought it was on the sale rack so it’s a good bargain.
- IRON: Wait what? Yes I know, the word itself seems like a party pooper but trust me when I say it is totally worth it. It is necessary to iron your clothes to prevent creases, and ironing contributes immensely to your physical appearance because it makes you look presentable and more put together.
If you’re someone who is instantaneously put off by ironing, then one good thing to keep in mind while shopping is to go for wrinkle-free clothing to save you the headache of ironing.
Fabrics such as wool, lyocell polyester, and cashmere, can mostly resist wrinkles by far than fabrics like rayon, cotton, and silk. Well-sorted clothing can also slash seconds off the time you spend on outfit prep.
- AIR DRY YOUR CLOTHES BEFORE STORING: After you take off your clothes like jackets/coats, shoes, and suits, air dry for couple of minutes before you put them away. This will prevent damp smells, fabric pilling and will help avoid creasing.
- INVEST IN A GOOD WARDROBE / STORAGE: Putting your clothes away requires appropriate storage not only to help you keep things perfectly organised, but also to help prevent your clothes from getting creased or ruined.
As most of us know, we use the “CHAIR” as the most reliable storage option, just after finishing the laundry. Rather than sorting out the freshly laundered clothes, we just pile them on there to the point where the chair gives up on us.
To avoid that, just put things back in their allocated place so you don’t have worry about ironing when you want to use a specific outfit, especially on an urgent errand.
- USE LAUNDRYHEAP: The easiest tip of the lot is to use Laundryheap for chores like laundry, ironing and sorting. Then all you have to focus on is your style.
Looking chic and classy might sometimes be misconstrued by oneself, due to the human nature of being self-critical. In some cases, there are people who think they look less appealing because they haven’t broken the bank on big designer labels, and there are those who spend tons on brand labels, yet look less presentable. “It’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it”. A phrase we all might have heard one time too many. In this post we are going to highlight a few points on how to look chic and classy on pennies.
- LOOK THE PART: By this I mean, make an effort with your appearance. It is the very first thing people notice when they meet you. Quoting Jonathan Adler, “People will make judgements before you even speak based on the way you look.” Put in a bit of effort to groom yourself – cut your nails, brush your hair, wash your clothes (or have us do it for you), iron if necessary, and moisturise, especially the visible areas of your body such as arms, knees, elbows, knuckles etc.
- INVEST IN STATEMENT PIECES: Items such as a classic necklace, scarf, earrings, a jacket etc. can make a huge difference to an outfit. Buy neutral colours of clothing such as black, grey, blue white, brown, navy, khaki etc. You can take things up a notch by going for metallic colours like: gold, copper, silver, pewter, bronze etc.
- SIMPLICITY IS BEAUTY: In some cases, less is more. As Leonardo da Vinci stated, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. Simple clothes such as a t-shirt, jeans, blouse, and a pair of shoes can give you the ultimate sophistication. With the right colour coordination, and accessories you are good to go.
- MAKE THE MOST OF WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE: It is essential to review what you already have. Too often, we buy things that we never use or wear once, and get done with it. If you already know what you have that will eliminate the possibilities of unnecessary spending. Therefore, you can buy that which matches with what you already have.
- HAVE A SECOND OPINION: Having a friend or one designated person accompany you while shopping can make a huge difference. Especially if they know your style. We tend to get carried away or overwhelmed when we are shopping by ourselves.
- BE CONFIDENT: If you don’t consider yourself as someone who fits this spectrum, don’t worry as this is a trait learnt. Beauty comes from within. One must do some soul searching to get a sense of self-appreciation. Therefore, one can be the least well dressed person in a room but their confidence shines through.