Eggs, whether for breakfast or as chocolate Easter eggs, always look good on a plate but they don’t look good on your clothes. If you’ve spilt eggs on your clothes, no stress! To egg you on, we’re going to guide you on how to remove egg stains from your clothes!
What You’ll Need to Remove Egg Stains
Before we get cracking, these are the list of supplies you will need to remove the egg stains:
- Spoon (or a butter knife)
- Water (salt is optional)
- Liquid Laundry detergent
Instructions on Removing Egg Stains
After you’ve got all your supplies ready, it’s time to rescue your clothes!
- Firstly, use your spoon to remove the egg stain from the outside of your clothes. Don’t worry too much about the inside of your fabric for now. Scraping the stained part to remove as much of the egg as possible. This also works with a butter knife.
- When you’ve done scraping with a spoon, proceed to rinse your egg-stained clothes with cold water and start scraping the egg-stained part to soften it.
Additionally, we strongly advise against using hot water. Eggs are protein; hot water will only cook the protein and will damage the fabric!
- After you’ve used a spoon and finished rinsing your clothes, we recommend putting a laundry detergent (read the label first) on the egg-stained part for better and cleaner results. Simply pour a detergent directly onto the egg stain and using the same brush as before, spread it out. It’s important to stay patient as egg stains do need care and attention.
- Fourthly, you will need to load your egg-stained clothes into the washing machine. To make the cleaning process more seamless, don’t rinse off the liquid detergent.
However, before you do load, always read the labels on your clothes for better care.
- Moreover, place the correct amount of liquid detergent into the washing machine. If you feel unsure about the correct dose, use a pre-treat cap to guide you.
- Start your washing machine with the regular cycle and the hottest temperature (depending on the instructions and labels on your clothes.
- After your cycle is finished, unload to check if the egg stains are removed. If you’re happy with the results, start to dry your clothes!
Yes, you will have an egg on your face when you realise there are egg stains on your clothes but you are now equipped with a guide to remove egg stains next time this situation occurs!
If you need help to get remove the eggs, book with us, choose a collection day and we’ll have your clothes returned to you within 24 hours! No stress, no hassle and no more egg stains!