The Headscarf has a storied history dating back to Ancient Rome and the Middle East. Today, the headscarf is still important to religious groups and the fashion industry. if you’re interested in wearing one, we will walk you through how to tie a headscarf!
First things first, before learning to tie a headscarf, we recommend the square headscarves as they’re beginner-friendly and there is a lot more you can do with them, stylistically.
Here are three popular headscarves and the steps to tie them below.
- Rosette Wrap
- Boho Headscarf
One popular headscarf style is the Rosette Wrap.
To tie your headscarf using this style:
- Tie your hair so it becomes a ponytail.
- Fold the scarf and create a triangle.
- After you’ve folded your scarf, put the ends of the scarf to the front of your forehead.
- Twists the ends together leading into a spiral
- Lastly, tuck the ends in to secure the scarf.
The boho headscarf is suited for the hot weather and will cover (no pun intended) the summer look essentials! To get started:
- Fold your scarf in half to form a triangle.
- Wrap it around your forehead and tie the knot in the back.
- The corner of your scarf should be hanging down in the back.
- Make sure it is tight and comfortable as you tie the headscarf!
It’s easy to fall in love with the classic Babushka style and get inspired to tie a headscarf. This style is typically worn over the hair and tied below the chin.
What makes this headscarf style cool is that it will keep your hair in place! Whether you’re rushing to open the front door or going out in the rain or wind, the Babushka will cover your hair!
To tie this headscarf:
- Start by folding it in half to make a triangle.
- Simply place the folded edge on the top of your head (it needs to be centred).
- Take the two opposing ends and knot them under your chin. It’s as easy as 123!