Laundry can come with its downfalls – stubborn stains, items shrinking in the wash and generally just taking ages to finish. Sometimes shoving clothes in the wash with detergent isn’t enough and we need some help. There are some great laundry hacks out there to save you time, money and lots of frustration.
Here are 5 handy laundry hacks by Laundryheap to make life easier – when you do your own laundry, that is!
- BABY POWDER FOR OIL STAINS – oil is notoriously difficult to remove from clothing and is especially annoying if it’s on something white or of delicate material. Shake some baby powder over the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before removing the excess. Repeat until the stain is gone, then wash as normal.
- FRESHEN WITH VINEGAR – for sweaty gym clothes or bath towels, white vinegar is your secret weapon. One cup added at the beginning of the wash fights bad smells and leaves your clothes super-soft. It also helps to keep white shirts looking fresher for longer.
- LINGERIE BAGS – the secret weapon for families and anyone who is constantly losing socks in the machine, lingerie bags are so useful for keeping your delicates separate from the rest of your clothes, without doing extra washes. They are also great for washing the kid’s toys.
- IRON WITH WATER – When ironing, a dry shirt isn’t always the best way. Fill a spray bottle with water and spritz over the shirt, making it easier to iron and giving you a better finish. Suave!
- USE TOWELS FOR DRYING – If you’re using a tumble dryer, it can feel like it takes forever to dry your clothes, especially if you’re in a hurry. Turning up the heat or waiting impatiently definitely won’t work – wet clothes will stay wet until the moisture is absorbed. Speed up the process by putting a dry towel in with it, that’ll work like a sponge to soak up the water.
If you’re still not convinced, forget about laundry hacks and hand your washing over to LAUNDRYHEAP. No messing about, just professional, efficient service and super-clean clothes.