Trying to find the fine line between prioritising life goals and keeping up to date with new trends and styles seems like a constant battle. To top it all, looking your best becomes a burden as there’s less time to plan your daily schedule.
Here are a few tips on how to look presentable at all times.
- FIND A STYLE THAT COMPLIMENTS YOUR BODY: This might seem irrelevant but believe you me when I say that knowing your body type and marking your style can be the first and best step to looking fabulously chic and classy. By doing so you know what you want to invest in. Hence you don’t have to spend a fortune on clothes that end up sitting in your wardrobe gathering dust just because you initially thought it was on the sale rack so it’s a good bargain.
- IRON: Wait what? Yes I know, the word itself seems like a party pooper but trust me when I say it is totally worth it. It is necessary to iron your clothes to prevent creases, and ironing contributes immensely to your physical appearance because it makes you look presentable and more put together.
If you’re someone who is instantaneously put off by ironing, then one good thing to keep in mind while shopping is to go for wrinkle-free clothing to save you the headache of ironing.
Fabrics such as wool, lyocell polyester, and cashmere, can mostly resist wrinkles by far than fabrics like rayon, cotton, and silk. Well-sorted clothing can also slash seconds off the time you spend on outfit prep.
- AIR DRY YOUR CLOTHES BEFORE STORING: After you take off your clothes like jackets/coats, shoes, and suits, air dry for couple of minutes before you put them away. This will prevent damp smells, fabric pilling and will help avoid creasing.
- INVEST IN A GOOD WARDROBE / STORAGE: Putting your clothes away requires appropriate storage not only to help you keep things perfectly organised, but also to help prevent your clothes from getting creased or ruined.
As most of us know, we use the “CHAIR” as the most reliable storage option, just after finishing the laundry. Rather than sorting out the freshly laundered clothes, we just pile them on there to the point where the chair gives up on us.
To avoid that, just put things back in their allocated place so you don’t have worry about ironing when you want to use a specific outfit, especially on an urgent errand.
- USE LAUNDRYHEAP: The easiest tip of the lot is to use Laundryheap for chores like laundry, ironing and sorting. Then all you have to focus on is your style.