Looking chic and classy might sometimes be misconstrued by oneself, due to the human nature of being self-critical. In some cases, there are people who think they look less appealing because they haven’t broken the bank on big designer labels, and there are those who spend tons on brand labels, yet look less presentable. “It’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it”. A phrase we all might have heard one time too many. In this post we are going to highlight a few points on how to look chic and classy on pennies.
- LOOK THE PART: By this I mean, make an effort with your appearance. It is the very first thing people notice when they meet you. Quoting Jonathan Adler, “People will make judgements before you even speak based on the way you look.” Put in a bit of effort to groom yourself – cut your nails, brush your hair, wash your clothes (or have us do it for you), iron if necessary, and moisturise, especially the visible areas of your body such as arms, knees, elbows, knuckles etc.
- INVEST IN STATEMENT PIECES: Items such as a classic necklace, scarf, earrings, a jacket etc. can make a huge difference to an outfit. Buy neutral colours of clothing such as black, grey, blue white, brown, navy, khaki etc. You can take things up a notch by going for metallic colours like: gold, copper, silver, pewter, bronze etc.
- SIMPLICITY IS BEAUTY: In some cases, less is more. As Leonardo da Vinci stated, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. Simple clothes such as a t-shirt, jeans, blouse, and a pair of shoes can give you the ultimate sophistication. With the right colour coordination, and accessories you are good to go.
- MAKE THE MOST OF WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE: It is essential to review what you already have. Too often, we buy things that we never use or wear once, and get done with it. If you already know what you have that will eliminate the possibilities of unnecessary spending. Therefore, you can buy that which matches with what you already have.
- HAVE A SECOND OPINION: Having a friend or one designated person accompany you while shopping can make a huge difference. Especially if they know your style. We tend to get carried away or overwhelmed when we are shopping by ourselves.
- BE CONFIDENT: If you don’t consider yourself as someone who fits this spectrum, don’t worry as this is a trait learnt. Beauty comes from within. One must do some soul searching to get a sense of self-appreciation. Therefore, one can be the least well dressed person in a room but their confidence shines through.
November 20, 2018 at 5:39 am
i like classy might because its deserve to the personality . simplicity is the best for all the situation.i also like this all concept. https://spreeglee.dk/
July 24, 2018 at 12:51 pm
When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Many thanks!
July 26, 2018 at 10:16 am
Hi Rubin, unforunately we can’t rectify your email notifications for you. You’ll have to do it from your end by managing your subscription on your settings. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to help.
June 19, 2018 at 10:50 am
This really answered my downside, thanks!
June 25, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Brilliant!!! We’re happy to know that our tips resonate well with you.
June 25, 2018 at 12:46 pm
You’re welcome @Evita.