One thing you should know when it comes to cleaning silk ties is that they should never be machine washed. If your silk tie needs cleaning, it should be spot-cleaned or, as a last resort, dry cleaned.
How To Clean A Silk Tie
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Absorbent Powder
- Stain remover
When it comes to cleaning a silk tie, it must be done gently and without using water. The reason being is that water can add to the stain and create a ‘water stain’ which is difficult to remove. It can also weaken the fabric fibres.
For spot-cleaning a silk tie, always remember to remove excess stains immediately by blotting it with a dry cloth or towel before going to treat the stain.
Here are some effective methods to spot-treat your tie without using water.
This method is great for non-greasy food or liquid stains.
- Dampen a clean cloth with rubbing alcohol and dab the stain lightly until stain is removed.
- Immediately dry the stain with a hairdryer.
- Repeat if necessary.
This method is perfect for oil and grease stains that are harder to remove.
- Blot away excess stain with a dry cloth.
- Sprinkle talcum powder or cornflour over stain and leave it over night.
- On the following day, gently dust off the powder.
- If stain is not completely removed, repeat process again if necessary.
If none of the above methods seems to work for you, consider investing in a stain remover designed for silk fabrics. The chemical agents in these stain removers are fabric-friendly and are not as harsh as general stain removers.
Dry cleaning your silk tie frequently will, over time, damage the fabric fibres due to the solvents used in the cleaning process. If you need your tie professionally dry cleaned, Laundryheap will be able to get the job done for you.
Caring For Silk Ties
When it comes to generally taking care of your silk tie, here are some things to note.
- Never rub stains. Instead, gently blot or dab the stain with a clean cloth.
- To remove creases, have your silk tie steamed or pressed as this is safer than ironing where the heat comes into direct contact with the fabric.
- When storing ties, either hang them up or roll them loosely and store them away neatly with enough room for ventilation.
April 28, 2023 at 10:57 am
Great post this is gonna help me a lot for washing my clothes. Thanks ADMIN for sharing this post.
February 21, 2023 at 1:02 pm
I was here to search the planning material observation what i saw that there are so much gathered information over right here i am really surprised to see that why is this article so underrated. I wish it was more promoted.
August 18, 2022 at 10:09 pm
Very good information which is beneficial for all, thanks for sharing this information!
August 15, 2022 at 6:24 pm
That was a great blog
August 7, 2022 at 5:45 pm
August 5, 2022 at 8:59 pm
good information . that was a great tip that every body want to know…
August 5, 2022 at 8:25 am
Great Post admin.Thanks for sharing this information.
August 3, 2022 at 1:33 pm
Thanks for sharing incredible method of cleansing.
August 2, 2022 at 7:47 pm
I believe the content matter here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.
August 1, 2022 at 1:49 pm
Great Post Sharing Admin. very informative love to read Thank you.
April 14, 2021 at 12:48 am
that’s was a great tip to clean silk tie. i really like your post. keep it up.
March 8, 2021 at 6:18 am
it’s such a nice information for me . i am greatful to fined your blog.hope you sahre more info for us. kindly keep writing for such type of blog . are u share again such nice info . ??