When going on holiday with your baby, you’ll realise that you need to bring a lot of items with you to ensure that your baby will be comfortable, entertained, safe, warm and remain in good health during the trip.
Here’s a list of holiday packing essentials for your baby:
Food & Drink Supplies
- Formula: Of course it’s an essential! Be sure to bring enough for the trip, whether it’s ready made formula in the bottle or containers of formula powder, make sure you don’t run out. Also, bring extra bottles and a bottle warmer (if necessary).
- Breastfeeding equipment: If your baby is still breastfeeding, bring a shawl or scarf to cover for when you’re breast feeding. If your baby drinks breast milk from the bottle, take a breast pump.
- Snacks/ meals: Bring plenty of snacks and pack some jars of food (ready made or homemade) to keep your baby’s tummy satisfied! If you’re travelling by plane, you don’t need to worry about the food and drink restrictions as they do not apply to your baby.
- Feeding accessories: Take a few bibs to avoid spillage on their clothes. Use beakers for juices and water and don’t forget to bring baby spoons! Perfect for on-the-go feeding.
- Wipes: A must need for spills and messes!
- A baby bag! You’ll definitely need a bag to put all your baby’s things (and yours) in.
- A compact push chair: Easy to fold and bring around with you. For off-road and walks, compact push chairs are a must-need if you’ll do a lot of strolling around and sight-seeing!
- Baby sling/ carrier: For more adventurous activities or if you feel like you don’t need a push chair, then take with you a baby sling.
- A Compact travel crib: Your baby will need somewhere safe and comfy to sleep or play in.
- Blankets: Always great for comfort, shade and warmth!
- Nappies! And lots of it! You can never have to many nappies. Don’t forget baby wipes and nappy bags too!
- Cream/Talcum powder
- Changing mat: perfect for on-the-go nappy changes
- Plenty of clothes appropriate for the weather!
- Bath sponge
- Baby shampoo, soap & lotion
- Bath toys
- Toys: Taking a few of your baby’s favourite toys will help keep them occupied for the journey.
- Stuffed toy
Other Essentials To Consider
- First aid
- Bottle steriliser
- Baby monitor
- Night light
- Car seat
- Booster/clamp on seats
Take into consideration the destination you’re headed to and the activities you plan to do there. You might not need all of these things and you might want to bring extra things that aren’t on this general list such as swim floats or swim nappies if you’re thinking of going swimming.
Just make sure you pack everything in advance to minimise the risk of leaving important items behind. Make sure to wash and iron all clothes and blankets before packing. Your baby
may WILL use a lot of outfits, so do take more than you think they’ll need. If you”re worried about having to wash them after the trip, you can always book a laundry service with Laundryheap.