Lipstick is a beloved beauty product, but it often leaves behind tricky stains on clothing. If you’ve ever faced the challenge of removing lipstick stains from your favourite garments, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through easy and effective methods for getting rid of lipstick stains from your clothes.
The Keys To Getting Rid of Lipstick Stains
To begin with, acting fast is the secret to successful stain removal. The longer you wait, the more challenging it can become to remove lipstick stains from your clothes. As soon as you notice a lipstick stain, take action to increase your chances of successful removal.
Method 1: Dishwashing Liquid and Cold Water
- Start by gently scraping off any excess lipstick using a butter knife or spoon. Be careful not to spread the stain further.
- Blot the stained area with a clean cloth to absorb any residual lipstick.
- Flush the stain with cold running water, ensuring that the water runs from the underside of the fabric to push the stain away.
- Apply a small amount of dishwashing liquid directly to the stain.
- Carefully rub the fabric against itself to mix in the soap, creating a soapy foam.
- Allow the soap to sit on the stain for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the stained area with cold water, checking to see if the stain has been removed.
- If the stain remains, try mixing equal parts white vinegar and cold water. Apply this solution to the stain and rinse again.
Method 2: Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Follow the same initial steps of scraping off excess lipstick, blotting, and rinsing the stain as mentioned in Method 1.
- Put liquid laundry detergent directly onto the stain.
- Allow the detergent to sit on the stain for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash the affected area with cold water and inspect for the absence of the stain.
- If the stain persists, consider repeating the process or trying a pre-treatment stain remover if you have one available.
Method 3: Rubbing Alcohol
- Follow the initial steps of scraping off excess lipstick, blotting, and rinsing the stain as described in Method 1.
- Wet a clean cloth with rubbing alcohol. Make sure you’ve tried the alcohol on a hidden part of the fabric first to ensure it doesn’t cause any harm.
- Gently blot the stain with the alcohol-soaked cloth, transferring the lipstick onto the cloth.
- Lastly, rinse the fabric with cold water and launder it as you normally would.
Dried Lipstick Stains
Furthermore, if you’re dealing with dried lipstick stains, you can try soaking the stained fabric in cold water for several hours or overnight. This can help soften the stain, making it easier to remove using the methods mentioned above.
Preventing Lipstick Stains On Your Clothes
Also, you can prevent lipstick stains on your clothing by taking simple precautions. For example, you can make sure you are applying your lipstick with precision and let it dry before putting on your outfit. To enhance its longevity, you might want to think about employing a lip liner.
To sum up, lipstick stains on clothes can be a nuisance but with these easy methods and a bit of patience, you’ll be rid of them in no time. So act fast, use the right supplies, and don’t give up!
Schedule Your Pick Up!
If stubborn lipstick stains still give you a hard time, you can rely on Laundryheap to help you! Our reliable, efficient and professional laundry service will make sure your favourite garments come out looking brand new. Once you’ve scheduled a collection date, our team will pick up your laundry and return it to you within 24 hours – all clean and stain-free!