Paris is a city that echoes of romance and promises a dash of magic around every corner. Whether you’re there for the art, the food, or just to soak in the vibe, here are some simple dos and don’ts of visiting Paris!
1. Say Hello
- Start your day with a cheerful “Bonjour!” Learning a bit of French can be fun and really makes locals smile.
2. Café Chill Time
- One of the best things about Paris are the café options. Once you find one, enjoy your coffee with a croissant and appreciate the city as you watch from the window!
3. Beat The Crowds
- Plan your visit to big attractions like the Eiffel Tower or Louvre Museum early or late in the day to avoid long lines.
4. Riverside Ramble
- Stroll along the Seine in the evening. The lights are dazzling, and the vibe is pure magic.
5. Bon Appétit Adventure
- You’re not in Paris if you don’t treat your taste buds! Try croissants, escargot, and maybe some local wine.
6. Book a Laundry Service
- Worried about dirty laundry messing with your travel vibes? No worries! Try out a laundry service like Laundryheap to give your clothes a quick refresh. Spend more time exploring and less time stressing about stains! Our dependable and fast laundry delivery service will pick up your dirty laundry and have it back to you within 24 hours – all cleaned and smelling fresh!
1. Assume Everyone Speaks English
- While many speak English, don’t assume. It’s best to be prepared and use basic French words to get by in Paris.
2. Pack Too Much Clothes
- Keep your packing light. Paris is a walking city, so pack only what you need. Nothing is more frustrating than having a luggage full of clothes you won’t wear during the trip.
3. Stick To Touristy Spots
- Explore! Paris has hidden gems. Don’t limit yourself to the Eiffel Tower, walk through the neighbourhoods to truly feel the heart and soul of the city!
4. Forget Comfy Shoes
- In Paris, you will be walking a lot so be sure to pack comfy shoes. We also recommend checking weather forecasts in case you need to wear boots!
5. Dine Like It’s Fast Food
- Take your time when eating at restaurants. Before you start eating, pause and enjoy the moment. Keep your hands on the table, and enjoy the different flavours on your plate.
6. Race Against Time
- In Paris, remember to take your time, appreciate every street, attraction and cuisine. Don’t rush your days as you won’t fully appreciate the charm of the city!
We hope you have found our list of dos and don’ts of visiting Paris helpful! It’s a city where you can run out of superlatives to describe it’s beauty so do enjoy your time and explore the city!