Everyone needs a few good ‘basic’ wardrobe essentials. The simple pieces of clothing that you can repeatedly wear on any occasion and style in different ways. Whilst fashion trends constantly change, these basic clothing pieces will stick around for a long time.
10 Basic Wardrobe Essentials For Women
- Plain white Tee: A classic white shirt, whether it’s a crew or v-neck, is a perfect staple item that you should have in your wardrobe. This versatile item can be paired with anything and can be worn in any season.
- Button-down Shirt: Spice up simplicity with a printed or coloured button-down shirt. This piece is great for giving you a polished look. Great for any occasion, paired with jeans or a skirt.
- Denim Jacket: Oversized, distressed or cropped, denim jackets have been in style for a very, very long time and are still trendy today. A classic blue mid wash denim jacket is a perfect versatile option.
- Leather Jacket: A great piece for adding edge to any outfit, leather jackets have been around for quite some time too and is still a stylish statement piece today.
- Striped shirt: For a minimalist but chic pattern, striped shirts always do the trick. Black and white stripes are more versatile and can be paired with almost anything and any colour.
- Black pants: For formal and work occasions, black pants are another foundation piece to have in your wardrobe. It’s okay to invest in a good pair of black pants as they will always be a formal trend.
- Blazer: Much like black pants, a blazer is a must have piece to finish off a formal or work outfit. For a versatile blazer, opt for choosing plain colours or neutral plaid colours.
- Dark washed denim: For a pair of jeans that won’t go out of style? Dark washed denim jeans are the one. This wardrobe essential is great for any occasion and any season. Pair with sneakers for a casual look, and pair with heels for an evening look.
- Neutral jumper: For when you’re always on the go, a good quality neutral-coloured jumper will give you a chic look that you can pair with absolutely anything.
- Black dress: Whether it’s a little black dress or a midi, this wardrobe staple can be styled for both casual and formal occasions, and can be used all year round.
It’s important to take care of basic wardrobe essentials so you can wear them again and again for years to come. Make sure to give your clothes the proper care needed when you wash them. For professional laundry and dry cleaning, schedule a collection with Laundryheap.