If you or someone you know has sensitive skin and suffers from allergies such as eczema, you may want to re-consider the type of laundry detergent being used.
Laundry Detergent For Sensitive Skin
Many laundry detergents contain a variety of potential ingredients that can irritate the skin such as artificial fragrances, enzymes , parabens, etc.
Consider laundry detergents that are labelled ‘non- bio‘ or ‘hypoallergenic‘ and are dermatologically tested. These detergents are free of dyes, fragrances and other harsh chemicals that usually cause skin irritations.
Laundry Tips For Sensitive Skin
- Use liquid detergents instead of powder, as they are less likely to leave residue than on your clothes.
- Don’t over-load on detergent; just use the right amount. This will avoid soapy residue.
- Completely rinse laundry detergent off clothes by using the ‘rinse cycle’ after your normal cycle.
- Wash new items before using them! Newly bought clothes also have harmful chemicals from production that may cause skin irritations.
- If you want to add fabric softener, use one designed for sensitive skin.
We at Laundryheap understand the importance of caring for sensitive skin, that’s why we offer you the possibility of choosing between bio and non-bio laundry detergent.